Members-Only Webisode: 2021 CEOs Speak
April 15, 2021
CEOs Speak is the only place in Buffalo Niagara where you can hear the results of the 14th Annual Upstate New York Business Leader Survey conducted by Siena College Research Institute, in partnership with The Business Council of New York State, Inc.
Completed by over 500 CEOs from all across Upstate New York, the survey asked leaders to share their valuable insight and their opinions about the state of business in New York and the important issues that impact their ability to successfully compete in today’s economy including the changes that have happened due to COVID-19.
This annual event is designed for the C-Suite, Executives, Business Leaders, HR professionals and any interested company.
2021 SURVEY RESULTS & PANEL DISCUSSION WILL REVEAL:
- Year over year data including the Business Leader Index and questions on revenue and profitability, current business and industry conditions, confidence in state and federal government.
- New this year: Workforce and recruiting local workers, access to training, programs your company offers to promote within and develop employees.
- COVID-19 impact, operational changes made, ability to obtain professional IT assistance during the pandemic, reopening NY.
- Legislative issues from The Business Council NYS sick leave mandate, providing contractors with employee benefits.
Dottie Gallagher, President & CEO, Buffalo Niagara Partnership will moderate the panel featuring:
- Dr. Don Levy, Director of the Siena Research Institute (SRI)
- Heather Briccetti, President/CEO, The Business Council of NYS
- Camille Joseph, Group Vice President, Government Affairs, Charter Communications
- Scott Pallotta, CEO, Zehnder Rittling
- Donna DeCarolis, President, National Fuel Gas Distribution Corporation
- Dave Anderson, CEO, Highmark Blue Cross Blue Shield of Western New York
Members, please log in to the Member Portal to view this webisode.
Not a member? Contact Liz Benkovich, Vice President, Member Engagement & Development at:
email@example.com. | 716-541-1759
Workforce Policy Update March 2022
The BNP works closely with government leaders to keep them informed of employer challenges and to advocate for policy that would ease the workforce crisis. The BNP supports legislation that expands access to education and training, makes quality childcare more accessible, removes barriers to workforce participation, and reforms our immigration system to meet our region’s workforce needs.
What is Carbon Pricing?
In the New York State Climate Action Council’s Draft Scoping Plan, the Council recommends implementing some form of carbon pricing to help the state combat climate change. So, what is carbon pricing, and how would it impact New York?
2.10.22 COVID Bulletin: BNP Gets Answers on Masking and HERO Act
Yesterday, Governor Kathy Hochul announced she would repeal the state’s mask mandate, effective today. However, her announcement did not proactively address how the repeal coincided with the NY HERO Act, which would have required employees in most workplaces to continue masking.
2.9.22 COVID-19 Bulletin: Hochul Ends Mask Mandate; Poloncarz Will Follow Suit
Today, Governor Kathy Hochul announced she will NOT be renewing the state’s mask mandate, so the mandate will expire tomorrow.