Members-Only Webisode: 2021 CEOs Speak
April 15, 2021
CEOs Speak is the only place in Buffalo Niagara where you can hear the results of the 14th Annual Upstate New York Business Leader Survey conducted by Siena College Research Institute, in partnership with The Business Council of New York State, Inc.
Completed by over 500 CEOs from all across Upstate New York, the survey asked leaders to share their valuable insight and their opinions about the state of business in New York and the important issues that impact their ability to successfully compete in today’s economy including the changes that have happened due to COVID-19.
This annual event is designed for the C-Suite, Executives, Business Leaders, HR professionals and any interested company.
2021 SURVEY RESULTS & PANEL DISCUSSION WILL REVEAL:
- Year over year data including the Business Leader Index and questions on revenue and profitability, current business and industry conditions, confidence in state and federal government.
- New this year: Workforce and recruiting local workers, access to training, programs your company offers to promote within and develop employees.
- COVID-19 impact, operational changes made, ability to obtain professional IT assistance during the pandemic, reopening NY.
- Legislative issues from The Business Council NYS sick leave mandate, providing contractors with employee benefits.
Dottie Gallagher, President & CEO, Buffalo Niagara Partnership will moderate the panel featuring:
- Dr. Don Levy, Director of the Siena Research Institute (SRI)
- Heather Briccetti, President/CEO, The Business Council of NYS
- Camille Joseph, Group Vice President, Government Affairs, Charter Communications
- Scott Pallotta, CEO, Zehnder Rittling
- Donna DeCarolis, President, National Fuel Gas Distribution Corporation
- Dave Anderson, CEO, Highmark Blue Cross Blue Shield of Western New York
Members, please log in to the Member Portal to view this webisode.
The Buffalo Niagara Partnership knows that hiring is the most common pain point amongst all employers right now, and will be for the foreseeable future. We created the Employ Buffalo Niagara Career Pathways Program to help regional companies attract and retain talent in this challenging job market.
Worldwide, companies throughout every business sector are dealing with significant supply chain challenges. The Buffalo Niagara region is certainly no exception. Increased costs, labor shortages, logistical breakdowns, and a host of other issues are impacting all aspects of the economy from manufacturer to customer.
Last night, New York voters selected party nominees for Governor, Lt. Governor, and Erie County Clerk.
Primaries for U.S. House and State Senate seats will be held on August 23. No Assembly candidates in Erie or Niagara counties faced primaries.
In the next few months, prepare to receive a much higher bill for unemployment insurance (UI). The BNP spent over a year warning state leaders that this was coming. The state failed to act, and now, the chickens are coming home to roost.