6.21.22 Advocacy Alert: Primary Election #1 Next Week
June 21, 2022
One set of primary elections will take place on Tuesday, June 28. Early voting is open now. Look up your polling place and sample ballot here: (Erie County) (Niagara County). Note that primary elections are only open to voters registered in that party.
Each race is very important, but, perhaps no elected official has more influence on our regional economy than the Governor and their running mate. Also, an efficient County Clerk’s office is essential for both employers and residents. The BNP encourages all members to participate in these elections.
Who is on the Ballot Next Week?
Democratic Nominee for Governor
- Kathy Hochul, incumbent Governor of New York.
- Jumaane Williams, New York City Public Advocate.
- Tom Suozzi, Long Island-based Congressman.
Republican Nominee for Governor
- Lee Zeldin, Long Island-based Congressman.
- Harry Wilson, business executive.
- Rob Astorino, former Westchester County Executive.
- Andrew Giuliani, former Trump administration aide.
Democratic Nominee for Lt. Governor
- Antonio Delgado, incumbent Lt. Governor (Hochul).
- Ana Maria Archila, activist (Williams).
- Diana Reyna, former New York City Councilmember (Suozzi).
Democratic Nominee for Erie County Clerk
Because a court ruled the Legislature’s district maps were unconstitutional, primaries for U.S. House and State Senate seats will be held on August 23. No Assembly candidates in Erie or Niagara counties face primaries.
The BNP no longer endorses candidates. As we near the General Election in November, the BNP will highlight where candidates stand on the issues that impact our regional economy.
Governor Kathy Hochul recently acted on two significant pieces of legislation.
With 35 Senate races and 435 House races, Congressional observers had plenty to watch on Election Day. Now that most votes are tallied and the 118th Congress is taking shape, this is what we’ve learned
Yesterday, voters around the country headed to the polls for a consequential round of midterm elections. Here’s what you need to know: