The Workforce Challenge
The region has experienced an incredible resurgence over the last several years. However, WNY employers’ #1 concern is finding and retaining qualified talent:
The region’s skills gap has reached critical proportions among entry level and middle-skill jobs—those that require more education and training than a high school diploma but less than a four-year degree.
An unprecedented, employer-led collaboration. In 2016 the Partnership was among the first to join a national cohort of US Chamber members and adopt a strategic process called Talent Pipeline Management (TPM).
Using the TPM approach, the Partnership organizes employers with common pain-points, connects them with resource providers to fix the problem and helps establish a pipeline of talent aligned with future needs.
What is Talent Pipeline Management (TPM)?
A demand-driven, employer-led, systematic approach designed to close the skills gap that builds talent supply chains aligned to dynamic business needs.
- Employer Driven Collaborative
- Employers play the lead role as the end customer
- Employers work together to identify common pain points and target a solution to their common skills gap
- Supply Chain Solution
- Draws on the insights, strategies, and tools of supply chain management
- Realigns education and training to meet local job market demand
- Builds direct relationships between employers and preferred talent providers
- Employer is at the center of the process
- Focused on employer return on investment (ROI)
- Driven by employer demand
- Optimized process led by experts at the Partnership
- Built on industry best practices
- Proven workforce strategy designed to meet the needs of today’s changing business environment
- Connects talent strategy to business strategy
- Structured, data-driven process resulting in collective action and improved decision making
- Positive impact on regional workforce development system
- Workers connecting to jobs that need filling
- Engagement of full range of solution providers
- Shared value, competitiveness and accountability of employers
Interested in learning more about TPM? Please complete the form below.