As the regional chamber of commerce, the Buffalo Niagara Partnership is committed to providing employers with the latest information and resources to help you deal with COVID-19 and its impact on business, our community, state and nation.
Latest Update: 4/6/20
UPDATE: NYS on PAUSE Executive Order Extended Until 4/29
Governor Cuomo extended his New York State on PAUSE Executive Order today until April 29th. As a result, all employees of non-essential business are required to continue to work from home until that time. All schools in New York will also remain closed until April 29th and the Governor is reminding New Yorkers to keep a six-foot distance from others when in public.
Additional guidance on the Governor’s extended Executive Order can be found HERE.
The list of businesses deemed essential and how to apply for a waiver can be found HERE:
4/3/20 Update: Paycheck Protection Program (PPP) is NOW OPEN and Accepting Applications
- About: PPP is a loan designed to provide a direct incentive for small businesses to keep their workers on the payroll.
- Bonus PPP Resource: Helpful breakdown (guide/FAQ/checklist) provided by the US Chamber of Commerce to assist businesses in navigating the program.
- For more quick links on PPP, visit our blog HERE.
Summary of Additional Available Aid Packages:
Small Business Administration
- Economic Injury Disaster Loan (EIDL) Emergency Advance
- About: This loan advance will provide up to $10,000 of economic relief to businesses that are currently experiencing temporary difficulties.
- SBA Express Bridge Loans
- About: Enables small businesses who currently have a business relationship with an SBA Express Lender to access up to $25,000 quickly.
- SBA Debt Relief
- About: Provides a financial reprieve to small businesses during the COVID-19 pandemic.
Local Initiative Support Corp. (LISC)
- Verizon-LISC COVID-19 Recovery Fund
- About: Provides grants to help small businesses fill urgent financial gaps until they can resume normal operations or until other more permanent financing becomes available.
National Restaurant Association
- Restaurant Employee Relief Fund
- About: Provides grants to restaurant industry employees who have been adversely impacted by COVID-19 whether through a decrease in wages or loss of employment.
Given the fluidity of this situation, please feel free to reach out to us with questions at email@example.com and even more importantly, if you are willing to share best practices.
3/25/20 Harris Beach Attorneys at Law: Register to watch webinar on protecting your business during COVID-19 and Download presentation here
4/1/20 U.S. Chamber of Commerce: Guide to Employee Retention Tax Credit
Emedco Social Distancing Safety Signs: 20% discount to Partnership members through the month of April with code WB0141
U.S. Chamber of Commerce: Resources to Help Small Business
NYS Department of Taxation and Finance: Abatement of Penalties and Interest for Sales and Use Tax
U.S. Chamber of Commerce: Small Business Checklist
K&L Gates: Payroll Protection Act FAQs
4/1/20 Partnership Blog: Update on the Paycheck Protection Program
Interested Buffalo Niagara lenders can learn more HERE
U.S. Treasury: How the Treasury Department is Taking Action
Economic Injury Disaster Loan Emergency Advance
4/3 /20 SBA: Overview and Eligibility
4/3/20 SBA: Application
Express Bridge Loans
4/3/20 SBA: Overview
4/3/20 SBA: Program Guide
4/1/20 U.S. Chamber of Commerce: Guide to SBA’s Economic Injury Disaster Loans
Additional Debt Relief
3/18/20 Partnership Blog: SBA Disaster Loans and How to Apply: COVID-19
COVID-19 Spread Across NYS: County by County Breakdown
Empire State Development: Guidance for New York State Businesses Related to COVID-19
Harvard Business School: How the Coronavirus Will Change the Future of Business
Erie County: Coronavirus Resource Page
Harvard Business Review: 15 Questions about Remote Work Answered
Entrepreneur: Coronavirus – Best Practices for Working From Home
Google Resources for Small Business: Resources to help your small business manage through uncertainty
ZOOM – $0-19.99*
Services Provided: Video Conferencing | Web Conferencing/Webinar | Security/EncryptionIn response to COVID-19: free for educators to move toward virtual learning
ZOOM PHONE – $14.99
Services Provided: Audio/Phone | Security/Encryption
SLACK – $0-12.50
Services Provided: Video Conferencing | Instant Messaging | Information Storage/Sharing | Security/Encryption
LOOM – $0-5/PER USER*
Services Provided: Video Conferencing | Web Conferencing/Webinar |Instant Messaging*In response to COVID-19 through July 1: free for educators, recording limit removed on the free plan, free trial extended to 30 days, Loom Pro price adjusted to $5/month
RING CENTRAL – $24.99-49.99 PER USER*
Services Provided: Video Conferencing | Web Conferencing/Webinar | Audio/Phone | Instant Messaging*In response to COVID-19: Three months free RingCentral Office for K12 educators, health providers and non-profits
GOTOMEETING – $12-16/PER USER*
Services Provided: Video Conferencing | Web Conferencing/Webinar | Audio/Phone | Instant Messaging*In response to COVID-19: some organizations may be eligible for access to free emergency remote work toolkit.
Museum Hack: Virtual Team Building Activities for Remote Teams
Facebook Businesses Resource Hub: Managing Through and Building Resilience during the COVID-19 Outbreak
Monday.com: Managing a Remote Team
Exchange Facilitator Mike Cardus: 5 Tips for Managing a Virtual Team
Food & Wine: How To Support Your Community’s Restaurants
Visit Buffalo Niagara: Dining at Distance
American Red Cross: Continue Donating Blood