About Employ Buffalo Niagara
Employ Buffalo Niagara is the employer led Community Coalition that seeks to build an inclusive workforce driven by employer needs that prepares all members of the community for high-quality careers.
To accomplish this, Employ Buffalo Niagara is focused on finding sustainable solutions to address the barriers to employment and upskilling that adversely affect low-wage earners:
- Removing barriers in transportation and access to jobs
- Addressing the unique needs of people working but not earning family sustaining wages
- Increase the efficiency and reach of private and public sector workforce investments
- Leadership: Employ Buffalo Niagara Executive Committee
- Staff: Laura Smith, Executive Director
- Backbone Support: Buffalo Niagara Partnership Foundation
- Funding: to date the funding has been 100% employer funded through regional stewardship contributions by members of the Buffalo Niagara Partnership
In May 2017, the Buffalo Niagara Partnership created Employ Buffalo Niagara – an innovative, industry-led coalition comprised of a broad range of community stakeholders to leverage collective efforts around a set of common initiatives:
Employ Buffalo Niagara is a community coalition open to anyone who wishes to participate. There are quarterly meetings and regular communications to keep interested parties informed.