The manufacturing industry has strong roots in Western New York. Today, local manufacturers face new challenges as the industry continues to grow. The Partnership helps companies navigate the business environment while addressing their advocacy and workforce development needs.
The Manufacturing Council is a large and influential cross-section of private sector leaders in the production and fabrication industries dedicated to promoting the growth and expansion of manufacturing throughout the region. The Council seeks to address the primary challenges faced by manufacturers in order to stimulate new growth throughout the region.
Our mission includes:
- Develop a growing manufacturing workforce
- Coordinate with Buffalo Niagara manufacturing organizations
- Foster a healthy economic climate for industrial and technology employers
Top Initiatives for 2019:
- Support overdue reauthorization of the Pell Grant program and expand eligibility to cover certificate programs and other job readiness training
- Allocate and target Workforce Investment Board (WIB) resources to programs matching regional priorities and targeted industry sectors, including:
- Incumbent worker training to upskill existing employees into better paying careers
- On the job training to help new employees close the skills gap while being gainfully employed
- Encourage city and county leaders to continue to appoint private sector employer representatives to local WIB
- Support free trade policies aimed at strengthening our bi-national economy and vital trade relationship with Canada
- Develop New York’s natural gas transmission system to effectively move gas from Pennsylvania through New York and to other markets to improve reliability, keep consumer prices low, and spur investment and job creation
- Support upgrades to New York’s aging power grid to improve reliability and ensure Buffalo Niagara’s economy benefits from moving locally produced electricity downstate
- Manufacturing Month Summit
- Engage with Employ Buffalo Niagara on workforce development pain points
Best Practices & Learning
- Business to business work sessions to address key manufacturing issues
- Insider tours of unique sites important to the area’s manufacturing industry
As a Western New York native, I am proud to help grow the manufacturing industry through the Partnership. The Council allows me to work with my peers to impact the industries and people that make our region great. We are focused on continuing the tradition of strong manufacturing in Buffalo Niagara, and helping companies to grow and innovate for years to come.
The Manufacturing Council helps me connect with the various resources available to manufacturers in Western New York. As a business owner, I don’t have the time to pursue each relevant advocacy item or call individual workforce organizations; the Partnership does that on behalf of local manufacturers. Our group is the “quarterback” of the local manufacturing landscape, and works to address the needs of the industry leaders here in Buffalo Niagara.
Plant General Manager
Executive in Residence
- Seal & Design Inc.
- Sherex Fastening Solutions, LLC
- Safetec of America
- Great Lakes Pressed Steel Corp.
- NOCO Energy Corp.
- National Grid
- Rigidized Metals Corp.
- Sealing Devices Inc.
- Battistoni Italian Specialty Meats
- Servotronics, Inc.
- Buffalo Niagara Partnership
- Niacet Corporation
- WSF Industries, Inc.
- Straight-Forward Consulting, LLC
- Diversified Labor Solutions
- U.A.W. Local 897
- Buffalo Games, Inc.
- Bank on Buffalo
- Remedy Intelligent Staffing
- LeChase Construction Services, LLC
- PCB Piezotronics, Inc. MTS Systems Corporation
- Buffalo Manufacturing Works, operated by EWI
- Moog Inc.
- Sonwil Distribution Center, Inc
- Cobey, Inc.
- International Paper
- Coca-Cola Bottling Company of Northern New England, Inc.
- Maclean Curtis, LLC
- Costanzo’s Bakery Inc.
- Power Drives, Inc.
- United Materials, LLC
- Taylor Devices, Inc.
- Ashton Potter USA Ltd.
- SoPark Corporation
- Direct Energy Business
- Zehnder Rittling
- Praxair, Inc.
Interested In Joining or Sponsoring?
Want to connect with some of the most engaged manufacturers in the region? Fill out the form below or contact Liz Benkovich at (716) 541-1759 for more information.