Today, Lt. Gov. Kathy Hochul was sworn in as Governor of the State of New York. The Buffalonian takes the reins after Gov. Andrew Cuomo resigned, amid a storm of bipartisan criticism. Hochul will be the state’s 57th Governor and the first woman to hold the office.
BNP President & CEO Dottie Gallagher sent Hochul a welcome letter today, offering her best wishes and suggesting issues Hochul should prioritize in the upcoming months. These issues include:
- Distributing Emergency Rental Assistance Program funds immediately;
- Fighting the COVID-19 pandemic without unnecessarily burdensome restrictions;
- Stabilizing the Unemployment Insurance system;
- Providing upstate-downstate parity in transportation & infrastructure funding;
- Renewing the Brownfield Cleanup Program;
- Securing a healthy public-private partnership to construct a new Bills stadium.
The BNP looks forward to working with Hochul and her administration to tackle our state’s numerous challenges and build a better Buffalo Niagara.