3.3.21 COVID-19 Bulletin: NYS Updates
March 3, 2021
Embattled NYS Governor Andrew Cuomo held his first COVID-19 briefing in over a week today.
In addition to sharing the positive news that COVID-19 cases and hospitalization rates continue to decline across the state, the Governor announced:
- He has reached an agreement with legislative leaders regarding repeal of his expanded powers related to COVID-19. Several lawmakers of both parties have voiced concern that the agreement does not go far enough in curbing the Governor’s unilateral power.
- New Yorkers traveling domestically will no longer need to quarantine or test-out of quarantine within 90 days of full vaccination. The existing quarantine guidance issued by CDC remains in place for international travelers.
- Beginning March 22, residential gatherings will be limited to 10 people indoors and 25 outdoors. On the same date, social gatherings will be limited to 100 people indoors and 200 people outdoors.
- Beginning April 2, arts and entertainment venues around the state can operate at 33% capacity with up to 100 patrons indoors and 200 outdoors. If admission is dependent on a negative COVID-19 test result, capacity can increase to 150 people indoors and 500 people outdoors. All venues are subject to ongoing social distance and face covering requirements.
- NYS will release the Empire Test app within the week for download. The free app will allow New Yorkers to prove negative test results for admission to venues.
The Buffalo Niagara Partnership is committed to providing employers with the latest information and resources to help you deal with COVID-19 and its impact on our community, state and nation. Visit our Events and Resource pages as they are updated regularly to provide you with the most current information.
Do you have specific questions related to running your business or your business unit?Visit the BNP Business Link, a question and answer forum for, and by, the Buffalo Niagara business community. Submit your questions and get expert answers on just about any topic from legal, IT, HR, NYS regulations, sales, marketing, communications and more. It is quick, confidential, powerful and convenient.
Webisode: COVID-19 Federal Stimulus Details & The Business Impact
President Trump and Congress have passed a massive $2 trillion stimulus package in the wake of the COVID-19 pandemic that is devastating large segments of the United States economy.
The Partnership organized a webisode with the U.S. Chamber of Commerce to breakdown the stimulus package and help employers better understand what’s included to help your business, your employees, and the Buffalo Niagara economy recover in the long run.
Webisode: New Paid Leave Policies for COVID-19: Clarity for Employers
The federal and state governments have passed sweeping paid leave policies for workers impacted by COVID-19, aka the corona virus. In response, the Partnership organized a webisode for local employers on 3/25/20 to provide clarity around these new mandates and to help them prepare to take the necessary steps to protect themselves and their employees. Some questions that were answered included:
Webisode – COVID-19 Latest Updates for Employers from Phillips Lytle 3.20.20
The Partnership organized a ZOOM call for our Manufacturing Council members with Phillips Lytle LLP on Friday, 3/20. Craig Bucki, discussed the legal implications of the New York State Executive Order on COVID-19 workforce reduction.
- « Previous