The manufacturing industry has strong roots in Western New York. Today, local manufacturers face new challenges as the industry continues to grow. The Partnership helps companies navigate the business environment while addressing their advocacy and workforce development needs.
The Manufacturing Council is a large and influential cross-section of private sector leaders in the production and fabrication industries dedicated to promoting the growth and expansion of manufacturing throughout the region. The Council seeks to address the primary challenges faced by manufacturers in order to stimulate new growth throughout the region.
Our mission includes:
- Develop a growing manufacturing workforce
- Coordinate with Buffalo Niagara manufacturing organizations
- Foster a healthy economic climate for industrial and technology employers
Top Initiatives for 2018:
- Support overdue reauthorization of the Pell Grant program and expand eligibility to cover certificate programs and other job readiness training
- Support overdue reauthorization of the Perkins Career and Technical Education Act with a focus on aligning programs and funding with the needs of regional, state and local labor markets
- Upgrade NY’s aging power grid to improve reliability
- Develop NY’s natural gas transmission system
- Encourage city and county leaders to continue to appoint private sector employer representatives to local Workforce Investment Board
- Manufacturing Month Summit
- Engage with Employ Buffalo Niagara on workforce development pain points
Best Practices & Learning
- Business to business work sessions to address key manufacturing issues
- Insider tours of unique sites important to the area’s manufacturing industry
As a Western New York native, I am proud to help grow the manufacturing industry through the Partnership. The Council allows me to work with my peers to impact the industries and people that make our region great. We are focused on continuing the tradition of strong manufacturing in Buffalo Niagara, and helping companies to grow and innovate for years to come.
The Manufacturing Council helps me connect with the various resources available to manufacturers in Western New York. As a business owner, I don’t have the time to pursue each relevant advocacy item or call individual workforce organizations; the Partnership does that on behalf of local manufacturers. Our group is the “quarterback” of the local manufacturing landscape, and works to address the needs of the industry leaders here in Buffalo Niagara.
Plant General Manager
Executive In Residence
Senior Vice President
NOCO Energy Corporation