About the Diversity & Inclusion Academy
You or your company is passionate about creating an organization that prioritizes diversity, equity and inclusion. That’s great! Because in addition to that being the right thing to care about, investing time, energy and even money into this is good for your company’s bottom line.
However, creating a diverse and inclusive workforce can be difficult. In fact, it’s one of the top challenges for many of our members. That is why, in addition to our other D&I programs, we have created the D&I Academy.
The Academy is designed for business leaders and their staff who understand the benefits of a D&I strategy and are interested in starting a program in their organization.
- Virtual sessions include 4, 2-hour classes and will begin October 6th
- Facilitated by Sesha Yalamanchili, On the Mark Consulting
- Only program like this offered to businesses in the region
- Cost effective: Only $599 per seat*
- Note: this does not include the $160 – $175 for Racial Equity Impact Analysis Training (REIAT) that is required if registrant has not already taken the training
- REIAT Training is a requirement of all Academy applicants. Training dates will take place before and after the Academy. Either time frame is acceptable. Dates will be made available to you.
Now accepting applications for the virtual fall session!
Class is limited to 40 seats.
Dates: October 6 & 20, November 3 & 17 | Times: 8:00 AM – 10:00 AM
To reserve your seat, please complete the short application. We will reach out to you with additional information.
WHAT PARTICIPANTS WILL LEARN
- Creating a diverse and inclusive organization
- Understanding unconscious bias and how it influences decision making and behaviors in the workplace
- Hiring for a diverse workforce
- Solutions for creating a more inclusive workplace
- Develop an understanding of the benefits of a diversity and inclusion program.
- The ROI of D&I
- Laying the foundation for a program within your organization
- Expanding and maintaining a D&I program
- Setting goals and policies for your D&I program
WHY YOU NEED TO START A D&I PROGRAM IN YOUR ORGANIZATION
A diversity and inclusion program has the potential to positively address biases and prejudice within organizations, according to Katerina Bezrukova, co-author of a study that examined 40 years of research on diversity training and an associate professor at the University of Buffalo’s School of Management.
These benefits can lead to real financial gains for companies, as well. Recent research by McKinsey & Company said that organizations with diverse workforces are 35% more likely to have above-average profit margins than companies with more homogenous employee bases.