It’s Our Job – And We Mean Businesses
Employers have the opportunity, and responsibility, to make the biggest difference in helping to keep our neighbors safe and our businesses open. By joining these organizations in this movement, you will help WNY stay bright and vital by encouraging your customers and employees to practice covid-conscious habits and to keep money in our economy by shopping local.
We know yours is a business that cares about the health and longevity of our community, and we’ve made it easy for you to do your job in It’s Our Job. Here’s what you can do right now:
Digital Business Kit
Download and use the It’s Our Job signs and other materials HERE. Designed to help employers communicate to employees and customers that we all have a role to play in slowing the virus. Big or small, profit or non–profit – every business can, and should, put these up.
Make it Your Own!
Do something unique to support the campaign while highlighting your business. Use #ItsOurJobWNY to be shared by us or other It’s Our Job social ambassadors. Need ideas?
- Use what you have: Paint your windows or hang a sign
- Run a contest using #ItsOurJobWNY online
- Create a special It’s Our Job promotion
- Play a campaign video on-site.
See the videos HERE.
Activate Your Workforce
Encourage your employees to get involved with the It’s Our Job campaign by shopping locally and practicing covid-conscious habits.
Use this e-mail template to easily communicate to your employees about the importance of this campaign and how they can get involved in different ways such as signing up to receive emails with contests and updates from local businesses and using #ItsOurJobWNY on social.
Get the sample e-mail to your employees HERE.
List Your Business in The Buffalo News It’s Our Job Directory
This free resource is designed to help consumers find and support local businesses. Learn more and list your business, along with any recent changes in operations HERE.
Additional Resources for Businesses
- Businesses should be sure to follow official NYS guidelines, which we have compiled in our Keep Buffalo Niagara Working document and check with industry associations and industry leads to determine if there might be additional guidance for your industry.
- Additional resources to help employers deal with the impact of COVID-19 can be found here.
- Do you still have specific questions related to running your business or your business unit? Visit BNP Business Link, a question and answer forum for, and by, the Buffalo Niagara business community. Submit your questions and get expert answers on just about any topic from legal, IT, HR, NYS regulations, sales, marketing, communications and more. It is quick, confidential, powerful and convenient.