Buffalo Niagara’s physical growth and development is a critical component towards a revitalized and economically sustainable future. Since 1970, our region’s urbanized land area has grown by 78% while we lost 16% of our population; this equation must change if we are to be an affordable place to live, work and do business.
The Development Advisory Council is a broad cross-section of leading development, construction, and real estate professionals in Western New York who aim to support policy, collaboration, and educational opportunities around the sustainable redevelopment of Buffalo Niagara.
Our mission includes:
- Foster the development of diverse, vibrant, walkable communities that can retain and attract people to the region
- Make efficient use of existing resources by directing development to areas already served by infrastructure, transit and public services
- Support assistance for development projects to encourage private investment and create new programs to help address community needs
- Establish a collaborative planning environment where design and development honors and preserves our region’s history while also providing the opportunities to establish a new legacy
Previous & Ongoing Programs & Initiatives
The BNP focuses on economic growth and expansion of existing businesses with programs and initiatives aimed at increasing private-sector jobs and investments in the Buffalo Niagara region. Many of these initiatives are successful because of the direct input and support from members of our Development Advisory Council. Here are some examples of past and ongoing initiatives that are a critical component in creating a revitalized and economically sustainable future.
- Brownfield Cleanup Program – Instrumental in the resurgence of Western New York, the BCP stimulates private investment to clean sites that would otherwise remain contaminated and underutilized.
- Buffalo Building Reuse Project – a public/private effort seeking to make downtown Buffalo more competitive for private investment in the 21st century.
- Adaptive ReUse – one of the most impactful and efficient economic development tools available to employers in Western New York.
- Downtown Buffalo Housing Report –This report synthesizes the findings of several studies examining the downtown residential market and the impact of specific incentive programs.
"Working with the Partnership provides my company a seat at the table as part of the private sector’s voice in economic development, advocating for stronger communities throughout the region."
President & CEO First Amherst Development Group
"The Partnership’s Development Advisory Council provides the opportunity for diverse and often competing practitioners in the real estate and development industries to join with a unified voice to advocate for sustainable policy and projects that can help revitalize Buffalo Niagara."
Penman Development Partners, LLC
Benjamin N. Obletz
First Amherst Development
- AMD Environmental Consultants, Inc.
- Arc Building Partners, LLC.
- Bank On Buffalo
- Barclay Damon, LLP
- Benchmark Environmental Engineering & Science PLLC
- Benchmark Management Corporation
- Benderson Development Company, LLC
- Bond, Schoeneck & King PLLC
- C&S Companies
- Cannon Design
- Cannon Heyman & Weiss, LLP
- Carmina Wood Morris, DPC
- CBRE Buffalo
- Chason Affinity
- Ciminelli Real Estate Corporation
- Community Preservation Corp.
- Construction Exchange of Buffalo & WNY, Inc.
- Ecology & Environment, Inc.
- Empire Building Diagnostics
- Encorus Group
- First Amherst Development Group LLC
- Five Star Bank
- Foit-Albert Assoc., Architecture, Engineering & Surveying, PC
- Frey Electric Construction Co., Inc.
- Frontier Group of Companies
- Gerald Kelly Capital Corp.
- Glendale Development
- Greater Buffalo Niagara Regional Transportation Council
- Greenlight Networks
- Hamister Group, LLC
- Hanna Commercial Real Estate
- Harris Beach PLLC
- Hodgson Russ LLP
- Hopkins Sorgi & Romanowski PLLC
- Hurwitz & Fine, P.C.
- Iskalo Development Corp.
- Joy Kuebler Landscape Architect, P.C.
- LaBella Associates, D.P.C.
- LeChase Construction Services, LLC
- Lippes Mathias Wexler Friedman LLP
- M&T Bank
- Modern Disposal Services, Inc.
- Montante Companies LLC
- National Grid
- New Enterprise Stone & Lime Co., Inc
- Nussbaumer & Clarke, Inc.
- Millington Lockwood
- OSEA (Occupational Safety and Environmental Associates)
- Penman Development Partners, LLC
- Priam Enterprises, LLC
- Rodriguez Construction Group, Inc.
- RP Oak Hill Building Company Inc.
- S&T Bank
- Savarino Companies, LLC
- Schneider Development, LLC
- Seneca Gaming Corporation
- Sinatra & Company Real Estate
- Sonwil Distribution Center, Inc.
- Tompkins Bank of Castile
- Uniland Development Company
- Watts Architecture & Engineering, P.C.
- Wells Fargo
- West Side & Black Rock-Riverside Neighborhood Housing Services
- WSP USA Inc.