Buffalo Niagara’s logistics industry and transportation infrastructure function as the backbone of our economy. With a unique location at the international border of the world’s two largest trade partners, Buffalo Niagara has the opportunity to grow as a hub of business and commerce. Our Logistics and Transportation council seeks to capitalize upon this position through smart infrastructure investments and logistics expansion that can leverage the more than $80 billion in freight that annually crosses our roads and rail.
The Logistics & Transportation Council is a group of regional experts and practitioners in policy, projects and initiatives related to Buffalo Niagara’s freight industries and transportation infrastructure. The Council seeks to establish a Buffalo Niagara region comprised of a diverse, interconnected, multi-modal transportation system that efficiently moves people and freight throughout, as well as into and out of, the region.
Our mission includes:
- Establish a region in which the workforce can effectively connect to employment opportunities
- Improve and expand the region’s multi-modal transportation system
- Leverage Buffalo Niagara’s unique position as an international border region for freight and logistics
Top Initiatives for 2018:
- Push for an adequate and dedicated source of funding to support transportation infrastructure projects aimed at fixing and maintaining our nation’s crumbling highways, roads, bridges and public transit systems
- Implement border efficiency measures to better move goods and people across Buffalo Niagara’s international border crossings, including:
- Mandatory filing of e-manifests for empty trucks
- Electronic or pre-payment of all fees at northern border crossings
- Support extension of the NFTA Metro Rail to the north and south to better connect people to jobs and stimulate new redevelopment opportunities.
- Canalside/Cobblestone Corridor:
- Federal TIGER funding award to match existing state allocations for the southern extension and redevelopment of the former DL&W Terminal.
- Amherst Corridor:
- State appropriation of local funding match to meet federal capital investment grant requirements
- Canalside/Cobblestone Corridor:
Best Practices & Learning
- Logistics practices and trends in Southern Ontario
- 2050 Long Range Transportation Plan
- Input into significant infrastructure investment projects throughout Western New York
- Insider tours of unique sites important to the region’s logistics & transportation industry
The Partnership’s Logistics & Transportation Council has long been at the forefront pushing the agenda around Buffalo Niagara’s opportunity as a logistics and supply chain hub. The Council’s annual State of Logistics is an opportunity for the region’s entire business community to be up to date with the latest annual trends and changes in the industry.
The Partnership’s Logistics & Transportation Council provides a much needed employer-based voice, advocating for critical investment in our region’s infrastructure and transportation networks. No other advocacy group in our region better connects the value of these investments with the needs of our business community.
Michael E. Leydecker
- Speed Global Services
- United Materials, LLC
- Clark Patterson Lee
- Nussbaumer & Clarke, Inc
- Niagara Frontier Transportation Authority
- AAA Western & Central New York
- LaBella Associates, D.P.C.
- WSP USA Inc.
- Foit-Albert Assoc,. Architecture, Engineering & Surveying, PC
- Buffalo Niagara Partnership
- Lippes Mathias Wexler Friedman LLP
- Greater Buffalo Niagara Regional Transportation Council
- Supply Chain Optimizers
- Sonwil Distribution Center, Inc.
- Greenman-Pedersen, Inc.
- Southwest Airlines Co.
- Niagara University
- Hurwitz & Fine, P.C.
- Niagara Falls Bridge Commission
- Ecology & Environment, Inc.
- Joy Kuebler Landscape Architect, P.C.
- Martin Davidson Public Realtions
- Niagara Global Tourism Institute
- T.Y. Lin International Group
- Buffalo and Fort Erie Public Bridge Authority
- General Motors Powertrain Tonawanda Engine Plant
- Mott MacDonald NY, Inc.
- Roar Logistics, Inc.
- New Enterprise Stone & Lime Co., Inc.
Thank You To Our Sponsors
- NIAGARA INTERNATIONAL TRANSPORTATION TECHNOLOGY COALITION (NITTEC)
- T.Y. LIN INTERNATIONAL