The Diversity and Inclusion Council is committed to creating awareness about the competitive advantage of having a diverse and inclusive regional business climate through employer education, talent recruitment, and procurement.
The Council seeks to assist employers by advancing best practices to create a culture of inclusion and grow the economy for all. In order to create an inclusive culture, it’s critical that members use a shared language. To that end, each Council member is required to attend the Racial Equity Impact Analysis training. This training ensures that each Council member has a common, foundational understanding of diversity and inclusion from which to approach Council work.
Our mission includes:
- Create a diverse and inclusive regional business climate to enhance innovation.
- The Council achieves its mission by advancing best practices that enable employers to:
- Leverage diversity for competitive advantage
- Promote a workplace culture of inclusion and engagement
- Continue to target Workforce Investment Board resources for training programs matching regional priorities and targeted industry sectors, including:
- Incumbent worker training
- On the job training
- Create professional licensing program for immigrants and refugees
The 2019 Council programming is across four topic areas: Human Resources, Communications, Community Commitment, and Procurement. Council members work in groups or Centers of Excellence to develop and advance strategies for each topic area.
- Human Resources Center of Excellence – people, practices and policies in harmony with the diverse cultures represented in the market and community.
- Community and Philanthropy Center of Excellence – fair and equitable distribution of company resources benefiting communities in need.
- Communication Center of Excellence – internal and external messaging intended to convey company commitment, status and progress in the development and maintenance of inclusive & diverse culture.
- Procurement Center of Excellence – fair and equitable processes for acquisition of goods and services, resulting in a diverse supply chain reflective of the market and community.
- AAA Western and Central New York
- Bank of America
- Bank On Buffalo
- Bond, Schoeneck & King PLLC
- Buffalo & Erie County Public Library
- Buffalo City Mission
- Buffalo Prep
- Buffalo State, State University of New York
- Canisius College
- Cannon Design
- Child & Family Services
- Community Foundation for Greater Buffalo
- Crowley Webb and Associates
- D’Youville College
- Erie Community College
- Erie County Medical Center Corporation
- Evans Bank, N.A.
- Evergreen Health
- Gross Shuman P.C.
- Harris Beach PLLC
- HSBC Bank USA, N.A.
- Hurwitz & Fine, P.C.
- Independent Health
- Ingram Micro, Inc.
- Inspired Global Resources
- LPCiminelli, Inc.
- M&T Bank
- Medaille College
- Niagara County Community College
- Niagara University
- Northwest Bank
- PCB Piezotronics, Inc. – MTS Systems Corporation
- People Inc.
- Phillips Lytle LLP
- Power Drives, Inc.
- Prentice Office Environments
- Roswell Park Comprehensive Cancer Center
- Say Yes Buffalo
- The National Federation for Just Communities of WNY
- Tompkins Bank of Castile
- Trocaire College
- Uniland Development Company
- United Way of Buffalo & Erie County
- University at Buffalo
- Wegmans Food Markets, Inc.
- Wells Fargo
Thank You To Our Sponsors
- BOND, SCHOENECK AND KING PLLC
- BUFFALO CITY MISSION
- BUFFALO & ERIE COUNTY LIBRARY
- EVERGREEN HEALTH
- HURWITZ & FINE, PC
- INDEPENDENT HEALTH