The Buffalo Niagara Partnership is the region’s private sector economic development organization and regional chamber of commerce. We represent nearly a quarter of a million employees in the Buffalo Niagara region. Our work has three main focuses: advocacy, business development, and convening. By mobilizing members and strategic partners around common goals, we grow private investment and jobs in Buffalo Niagara.
The Buffalo Niagara Partnership has an opening for an intern in the organization’s Marketing Department.
- Assist Marketing staff with social media by creating content, scheduling posts, and conducting “social listening” across Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn, and Instagram for both the Partnership and BN360, the Partnership’s young professional engagement and development program
- Assist Marketing staff with email marketing by using Microsoft ClickDimensions to design emails, select mailing lists, and schedule emails
- Assist Marketing staff by posting blogs and related content and making updates to the Partnership website
- Attend Partnership and BN360 events to take photographs and manage social media engagement
- Provide administrative support to the Marketing Department
- Write a blog post, subject to be determined
- As needed, assist the Member Services Department with various tasks, including the creation of contact lists for email marketing purposes
- Current student in pursuit of an Associate or Bachelor’s degree in marketing or a related field
- Interest in marketing, communications, and data management
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Detail-oriented and highly organized
- Flexible availability (days and evenings required)
- Able to work both independently and collaboratively
This is a paid internship position for 20 hours per week at a rate of $12.00/hour.
The internship will begin ASAP and run through June 30. Candidates should live in the Buffalo Niagara region and be available to work during regular business hours.
Interested candidates should submit a resume and cover letter to:
Kristen Johnson, Senior Manager of Marketing and Engagement, email@example.com