Assistant Events & Program Manager
Reporting to Events & Program Manager, the Assistant Events & Program Manager is primarily responsible for scheduling, coordinating, and managing specific events, programs, Speaker Series and Council meetings for the business community, held by the Buffalo Niagara Partnership annually. Currently all events are virtual, but we anticipate returning to live events and programs when it is safe for the community.
- Schedule, coordinate and manage all aspects of events, including budget maintenance, working in coordination with event champion and Vice Presidents as needed.
- Successfully execute events and programs virtually. This will include managing Zoom webinars and Zoom meetings as well as other platforms, if necessary.
- Maximize Zoom usage with current updates and features. Explore new affordable virtual platforms and master their use.
- Develop and determine marketing lists per event/program/meeting with input from V.P.’s, and the Marketing Director.
- Develop and analyze surveys for key events/programs.
- Be the content champion for each event/program/speaker series.
- Evaluation/reevaluation of current events and programs through financial, attendance and survey results, etc.
- Manage and coordinate calendar of events within assigned portfolio.
- Serve as BNP contact for event vendor/suppliers within portfolio.
- Coordinate event and program sponsorship which includes coordinating and creating sponsorship proposals & first rights of refusals, fulfillment, and post-event sponsorship summaries.
- Negotiate with member firms for best costs, service, and quality for events.
- Meet as appropriate with upcoming event champions regarding attendance, speaker, agenda and other relevant items.
- Oversee necessary administrative functions with the assistance of appropriate staff including tracking/coordinating event reservations, invoicing, and seating/table assignments.
- Field internal/external questions regarding locations, attendance, cost, sponsorships, etc.
- Work with marketing, and champions when appropriate, to assure events are well marketed.
- Attend all events and programs within assigned portfolio and execute the setup and breakdown of materials.
- Act as champion for key events with portfolio.
- Coordinate internal meetings by working with BCBS, building management and Partnership staff.
- 1+ year(s) working knowledge of coordinating and managing all aspects of events and programs is preferred.
- Bachelor’s degree preferred, equivalent amount of education and experience will be considered.
- Experience executing face-to-face events and programs as well as virtual events and programs
- Must have ability to multi-task, prioritize and work well under pressure to meet deadlines.
- Excellent organizational skills along with exceptional verbal and written communication skills are a must.
- Strong interpersonal, negotiating, and customer service skills.
- Knowledge of computer systems related to event registration, accounting, etc. helpful.
- Master of the Microsoft suite of products (Excel, Word, and PowerPoint)