SUMMARY OF POSITION:
The primary role of the Account Representative, Member Engagement is to build and nurture relationships with members and to provide superior customer service. A consistent focus on meeting revenue targets for retaining an assigned membership base and for meeting and growing non-membership revenue both from new and existing members of the Partnership is paramount. In addition, he/she will be expected to secure new members.
The Account Representative, Member Engagement interacts with executives, senior managers and member organizations to increase engagement in an effort to maximize member benefits. As a result, the Partnership will realize increased revenue from membership, event sponsorships and programs. In the process, the Account Representative, Member Engagement will determine these organizations’ needs, build contacts, develop connections to the Partnership programs & services and increase participation in councils, committees, programs and events that ultimately will strengthen the relationship between these organizations and the Buffalo Niagara Partnership.
- Responsible for proactive retention of assigned membership base. Includes: Developers, contractors, architects, hospitality, financial institutions and services, higher education.
- Increase non-dues revenue by creatively selling new and existing opportunities.
- Increase the sales and usage of Partnership programs, products and services. Propose new programs that will improve our service to members and that may generate revenue for the Partnership.
- Assist Vice President in developing customized membership packages for members that combine all of their Partnership investments together for greater value, effectiveness and efficiency.
- Troubleshoot & problem-solve member concerns.
- Connect members to appropriate Partnership services and appropriate staff.
- Promote participation in the Partnership councils, committees, programs and events.
- Coordinate and be the “subject matter expert” for assigned programs, events, products and services.
- Management of a special product or service as assigned.
- Additional duties as assigned by supervisor.
NATURE AND SCOPE:
The Account Representative, Member Engagement must be business savvy and have the ability to work with staff to further build relationships with appropriate member companies. The incumbent must have excellent interpersonal skills, clear and effective oral and written communication skills.
Candidates must have a demonstratable desire to work with employers in the Buffalo Niagara region with the intent of helping them grow. Strong organizational and time management skills required.
- A bachelor’s degree or equivalent business experience is preferred.
- Minimum 5 years selling experience plus relationship management experience.
- Presentation experience required
- Experience selling sponsorships a plus
- Experience working with a CRM (ACT, Dynamics 365, Salesforce etc.)
- Experience working with the assigned membership base a plus.
Please send cover letter, resume and salary requirements to firstname.lastname@example.org.