An inside view on what Nancy is working on right now.
Senior Manager, Member Engagement
1. We are an organization dedicated to serving the current needs of the region’s employers, which can change over time. What are you currently working on that excites you?
The Partnership’s new Diversity & Inclusion programming for 2020 is something I am passionate about. With various offerings, such as the D&I Academy and the D&I Executive Exchange, we are hoping to meet our members where they are in their D&I journey and offer them an opportunity to engage in this new initiative.
I am passionate about Diversity & Inclusion and was heavily involved in our 2019 D&I Symposium. Our post-event survey showed that many of the attendees wanted to participate in more D&I initiatives but weren’t quite sure how to begin. So, we created these new programs in response to our members’ pain points, making it easier for the business community to get behind this very important initiative. I am proud to be part of an organization that adapts so quickly to the needs of members.
3. For someone who is unfamiliar with this Diversity & Inclusion – can you give an overview/elevator pitch?
Diversity and inclusion is a company’s mission, strategies, and practices to support a diverse workplace and leverage the effects of diversity to achieve a competitive business advantage. For more, here are 80+ statistics about D&I in the workplace.
Any additional resources someone can go to in order to learn more?
- I recommend a visit to the Cleveland Commission best practices website where you can find great articles to help you and your team learn more.
- The Harvard Implicit Bias Test is another interesting tool to learn more about our own personal biases.
- There are also many great blogs on the Partnership website with tips for businesses.
4. Is there any other Partnership initiative or community initiative that you are excited about?
The Partnership offers so many excellent professional development courses for our members. From leadership to sales to D&I. My suggestion is to jump in and pick something that fills a need for you or someone that you work with.
Here are some D&I programs people can sign up for now:
- Diversity & Inclusion Academy – Taught by nationally recognized experts, this 4-session course will explore the business case for D&I, identify challenges, opportunities and allow for the creation of a “strategy workbook” that you can share with your organization
- D&I Executive Exchange – this program will be a forum for high level D&I leaders to share best practices, strategies, initiatives and have sensitive discussions in a confidential environment. Group will meet for 10 sessions and offered industry exclusivity.
- D&I Symposium – Save the date for our next Symposium June 15 at the Convention Center. This full day event is dedicated to sharing best practices and ideas in the D&I space.