Partnership Convenes Members of the WNY Delegation as Legislative Priorities are Announced
Legislative Luncheon connects elected officials with region’s business community
BUFFALO–The Buffalo Niagara Partnership today announced its priorities for the 2014 Legislative Session in its State Legislative Session Action Agenda. Members of the Western New York Delegation met with more than one hundred representatives of the business community to discuss the agenda at the Legislative Luncheon, held at the Adam’s Mark.
“The Buffalo Niagara Partnership’s State Legislative Session Action Agenda is a compilation of target industry sector, individual member, and statewide business climate priorities meant to educate our state elected officials on issues that impact Buffalo Niagara businesses as they return to Albany,” said Dottie Gallagher-Cohen, President & CEO of the Buffalo Niagara Partnership. “This agenda, along with our Regional Agenda released in November, will be the focal point of our legislative advocacy throughout the legislative session. We look forward to working with the members of the WNY Delegation who joined us today as we continue to work towards making Buffalo Niagara a better place to live, work, and raise a family.”
Key priorities established in the State Legislative Session Action Agenda include:
• Create the International Trade Gateway Organization (ITGO), including funding for staff, operating costs and marketing
• Support the Unshackle Upstate 2014 Policy Agenda & New E.R.A. for Upstate plan, including;
• Eliminate the 18a Energy & Utility Service Conservation Assessment
• Reduce the Corporate Income Tax on Upstate Manufacturers
• Reauthorize the Brownfield Cleanup Program tax credits beyond the 2015 sunset
• Finalize a site permitting program to allow Liquefied Natural Gas storage, dispensing and transportation in New York State
The Action Agenda will dictate the Partnership’s advocacy efforts in the 2014 Legislative Session. The full agenda can be found here.
ABOUT THE BUFFALO NIAGARA PARTNERSHIP
The Buffalo Niagara Partnership is the area’s regional chamber of commerce and privately-funded economic development organization. Partnership members employ more than a quarter of a million people in the Buffalo Niagara region. By mobilizing members and strategic partners around common goals, the Partnership grows private investment and jobs in Buffalo Niagara through advocacy, business development, and convening.