Buffalo Niagara Partnership Helping to Lead Push for Workers’ Compensation Reform
The Buffalo Niagara Partnership is joining forces with more than 50 organizations all across New York in pushing for commonsense Workers’ Compensation reform. In a letter to every member of the New York State Legislature, the Partnership and its allies outlined the need for Workers’ Compensation reform and the specific changes that should be made to lower employer costs without compromising care and compensation for injured workers. New York State currently has the third highest Workers’ Compensation premium costs in the country, up from 19th highest back in 2008.
“Workers’ Compensation costs are escalating dramatically for employers and we are calling on our state leaders to come together to address this real challenge in a meaningful way,” said Dottie Gallagher-Cohen, President and CEO of the Buffalo Niagara Partnership. “Each year, more and more Partnership members identify Workers’ Compensation costs as a serious challenge that prevents growth, new hiring and other critical investments. The Partnership continues to speak about the pressing need for reform with the Western New York Legislative Delegation and is proud to play an active role in this statewide reform initiative.”
Locally, dozens of Partnership members have joined the effort. They are:
- AAA Western and Central New York
- Architectural Resources
- Benchmark Environmental Engineering & Science, PLLC
- Bond Schoeneck & King Attorneys
- Buffalo Niagara Medical Campus
- C&S Companies
- Canisius College
- Career Connection Network
- Coca-Cola Bottling Co. of Buffalo, Inc.
- Costanzo’s Bakery, Inc.
- Construction Exchange of Buffalo & WNY, Inc.
- Dopkins & Company, LLP, Dopkins & Wealth Management, LLC
- HDM Hydraulics, LLC
- Hamister Group
- Independent Health
- International Paper
- Irish Companies
- LaBella Associates, D.P.C.
- National Fuel
- National Grid
- Niagara Frontier Transportation Authority
- Niagara University
- PCB Piezotronics
- People Inc.
- Performance Management Partners
- Power Drivers, Inc.
- Remedy Intelligent Staffing
- Rigidized Metals
- Schneider Development Services
- Snyder Corp.
- SoPark Corp.
- Superior Workforce Solutions, Inc.
- Try-It Distributing Co., Inc.
- TurnKey Environmental Restoration, LLC
- United Materials, LLC
- Univera Healthcare
- University Pediatric Dentistry
- Walsh Duffield Companies, Inc.
- Zehnder Rittling
ABOUT THE BUFFALO NIAGARA PARTNERSHIP
The Buffalo Niagara Partnership is the area’s regional chamber of commerce and privately-funded economic development organization. Partnership members employ more than a quarter of a million people in the Buffalo Niagara region. By mobilizing members and strategic partners around common goals, the Partnership grows private investment and jobs in Buffalo Niagara through advocacy, business development, and convening.