Top 5 Reasons Your Business Needs Employment Practices Liability Insurance | Reggie Dejean
In 2019, over 26,000 charges were brought against employers for harassment alone. An even more alarming number to businesses nationwide is over 72,000 charges were filed in 2019 by employees claiming multiple types of discrimination including race, sex, religion, color, age, disability, and equal pay, just to name a few. In the event that a lawsuit is charged against your organization, is your business protected by Employment Practices Liability Insurance (EPLI)?
If you think your organization is safe from such lawsuits, think again. Employment related claims impact companies of every size and industry. A claim can disrupt business, hurt employee morale, and cost your business financially. In fact, it is not uncommon for legal fees associated with winning an employment lawsuit to far exceed $250,000!
This is where EPLI and Lawley can help.
In fact, here are 5 reasons why I encourage all businesses to consider coverage:
- Decisions such as hiring, compensation, promotions, accommodating disabilities, terminations, and more are made for your employees every day. If not handled correctly, these decisions can lead to a claim for a wrongful employment practice.
- EPLI is critical to protect organizations from the potentially large cost of employment litigation and to avoid the serious financial impact on a company.
- Even with good human resources policies and procedures in place, businesses can be sued and the cost of defending a claim can be enormous.
- Managing employment practices claims can be complex. This is where your insurance claims professional with the proper expertise can help!
- Many insurance companies provide resources and risk prevention tools. Still not convinced? I encourage you to click here to learn about the types of scenarios that have previously cost businesses hundreds of thousands of dollars in fees and settlements.
Get the protection and peace of mind that your business deserves! Contact me to learn more about EPLI including:
- Costs depending on your type of business, number of employees, and various risk factors
- Coverage features
- Employment practices and risk management services
- And more!
Reggie has more than 30 years of experience in the insurance industry, working for insurance carriers and brokers. He currently leads Lawley’s Specialty Insurance department, where he consults with clients on coverages to protect themselves as well as their business. He has expertise in employment practices liability as well as errors & omissions insurance, professional liability insurance, medical malpractice insurance, directors & officers insurance (D&O insurance), fiduciary liability, cyber/network security (including privacy) liability, and pollution coverages.