The Buffalo Niagara Partnership’s Manufacturers Council is expanding!
You may have heard the buzz about the incredible work that our 12 member volunteer team has accomplished, including our sold-out tour series.
We are now expanding the council and offering you the opportunity to join the general body of one of the most influential, and representative, groups of diverse manufacturers in the region.
Below are five reasons to join our expanded manufacturers council:
- Gain insight and information into the best manufacturing-specific programs available to our members
- Inclusion of, and participation from, various regional manufacturers will make the council a united and representative voice for manufacturing in the region
- Connect with other regional manufacturers, training providers, industry experts and policy makers
- Shape the top priorities of the council by directly participating in the creation of our yearly action agenda
- Increased opportunities for networking and best-practice sharing through our tours and events
The structure of the newly expanded Manufacturers Council will mirror that of other councils by being broken into two groups: the executive committee and the general body.
The members of both groups will have the opportunity to:
- Serve as the go-to body for Partnership staff and the Board of Directors in need of information related to manufacturing issues
- Finalize the action agenda items
- Collaborate with other regional bodies
- Advocate for manufacturing-friendly policies
- Provide a broad forum for discussion about pertinent manufacturing topics
- Plan and review program initiatives
- Discuss future tour locations
Along with the roles assigned to our expanded group, the Manufacturers Council will host several new events, including a summer mixer and a fall kickoff event for Manufacturing Month.
If you are interested in joining or sponsoring the council, please contact your Member Services Representative.
To learn more about the council and it’s benefits, read our blog about the most recent Manufacturers Tour Series.