The Buffalo Niagara Partnership’s Workforce Development programs and initiatives are focused on what we consider the region’s greatest asset – our people. These efforts aim to enhance the region’s economic stability and prosperity by helping to ensure our regional employers have access to employees that have the knowledge and skills to grow and succeed in Buffalo Niagara.
Ensuring the Buffalo Niagara workforce is inclusive, diverse and well prepared for employment is essential to sustaining our regional growth. Pipeline development in our local schools, Upskilling underemployed workers and providing Baseline skills training to unemployed and emerging candidates will all play a vital role in our regional economic success. All residents should have equal opportunity to succeed in Buffalo Niagara’s resurging economy.
Pipeline Development is the pathway for students in middle school, high school and post-secondary to careers that promote growth both financially and professionally. An effective pipeline promotes a comprehensive understanding of present and future employment opportunities to students, parents and faculty.
Upskilling helps our local economy thrive by promoting training and advancement practices to help workers progress in their careers and move into better paying jobs.
Baseline skills development provides unemployed and emerging candidates with remedial and soft skills training to entry level positions. Baseline needs transcend industries and provide future employees the fundamentals to build a career.
- BN360: The region’s premier young professionals group, dedicated to building a better Buffalo through the development and retention of the local workforce.
- Say Yes Internship Program: Say Yes Buffalo and the Buffalo Niagara Partnership are working together to create a pipeline of talent from our local colleges to Western New York employers. We invite local businesses and nonprofit organizations to join us by providing meaningful, paid summer internships for our qualified student candidates.
- Employ Buffalo Niagara: Employ Buffalo Niagara is using a collective impact approach to address systemic workforce solutions. Employ Buffalo Niagara is made up of key leaders representing business, philanthropy, government and education. The stakeholders are focused on:
- Aligning resources, people and policies in priority industry sectors.
- Building trust among leaders and staff of multiple institutions who often operate independently of one another.
- Developing and measuring common indicators of progress.
- Understanding how to overcome barriers that block institutions and leaders from working together on a common agenda.
The workforce development system can be complicated for employers. Finding training or certifications, expanding the pool of potential job candidates, diversifying a workforce and managing workforce barriers are all issues local employers manage regularly.
We are committed to working with employers to ensure that your needs are met and that our community is building an inclusive workforce. Please fill out the form below, so we can contact you within 48 hours of your inquiry regarding your workforce interest.