The Buffalo Niagara Partnership’s Workforce Development programs and initiatives are focused on what we consider the region’s greatest asset – our people. These efforts aim to enhance the region’s economic stability and prosperity by helping to ensure employees have the knowledge and skills area employers need to grow and succeed in Buffalo Niagara.
The key objectives of the Partnership workforce development work include:
Positioning the Partnership as the “go-to” resource for employers’ workforce development needs.
The Partnership’s Workforce Development Team continues to grow its expertise on the workforce needs of the Region through participation in a variety of important programs:
- The Partnership facilitates individual workforce development requests from members through the Business Vitals Program
- Leadership and staff engage with the WNY Regional Economic Development Council’s workforce group
- The team is actively involved in the Buffalo Niagara Regional Workforce Development Coalition, which has been chosen to participate in the Communities that Work Partnership
I’d like to thank the Buffalo Niagara Partnership and the Buffalo Niagara Manufacturing Alliance for their commitment to the future of our city youth… Through this vital partnership, Dream It, Do It WNY is introducing the next generation to STEM and manufacturing related fields.
Fostering an environment that ensures a long-term pool of an available, skilled workforce.
We are committed to programs that help regional employers recruit, train, and retain talented employees – this often boils down to “investing in our future”.
- BN360: The Partnership’s dedicated young professionals program which focuses on leadership development, business networking and community engagement
- Say Yes: We organize local member businesses to form the Say Yes Buffalo Business Council which provides internship opportunities to Say Yes scholars
- Dream It Do It: As a strong supporter of this program, we participate in many ways, including organizing tours of our members’ manufacturing facilities and enabling the DIDI Adopt A School Program with local manufacturers