The Diversity and Inclusion Council is committed to create awareness about the competitive advantage of having a diverse and inclusive business climate in the region. The Council seeks to leverage the competitive advantages of diversity and grow the economy for all through talent recruitment, procurement and employer training.
Please provide us with some more information to help reach our goals.
Our mission includes:
- Identify barriers that limit inclusion by offering trainings to assist employers with diversity hiring and cultural understanding in the workplace.
- Promote diversity in businesses practices including local bids and procurement processes.
- Raise awareness of the competitive advantages of diversity though best practice sharing and development of a resource guide for employers.
- The Racial Equity Roundtable Dividend Report will serve as a resource to help the Council identify appropriate advocacy recommendations.
- There will be five quarterly meetings beginning in September 2017.
- The council will run from September 2017–December 2018. Beginning in January 2019, it will run on a calendar year.
- AAA Western and Central New York, Jill Douglas
- Bank on Buffalo, Maha Hammad
- Bank on Buffalo, Darnell Haywood
- Bond, Schoeneck & King PLLC, Riane Lafferty
- Brady Co., Jesse Warnke
- Buffalo City Mission, Stuart Harper
- Buffalo Games, Inc., Jeremy Ballaro
- Buffalo State, State University of New York, Karen Clinton Jones
- Canisius College, Linda Walleshauser
- Community Foundation for Greater Buffalo, Felicia Beard
- Eric Mower and Associates, Stephen Bell
- Erie Community College, Lydell Fortune
- Evans Bank, Mary Ellen Frandina
- Evergreen Health Services, Ekua Mends-Aidoo
- Harris Beach PLLC, Marnie Smith
- Independent Health, Sandra Calandra
- Kelly Services, Inc., Maggie Brookens
- KeyBank, Kawanza Humphrey
- LPCiminelli, Inc. Stephanie Pennington
- M&T Bank, Kristy Farrell
- M&T Bank, Annette Fontanez
- M&T Bank, Joe Kancar
- Medaille College, John Crawford
- New Horizons at Logical Operations Inc., Megan Branch
- North American Breweries, Jillian Majka
- Northwest Bank, Trina Burruss
- PCB Piezotronics, Justina Tavernier
- PEOPLE Inc., Kevin Horrigan
- Phillips Lytle LLP, Sandra Langs
- Power Drives, Inc., Suzanne Elliott
- Roswell Park Cancer Institute, Errol Douglas
- Roswell Park Cancer Institute, David Scott
- Say Yes Buffalo, Betsy Behrend
- Say Yes Buffalo, David Rust
- The National Federation for Just Communities of WNY, Lana Benatovich
- Uniland Development Company, Laura Zaepfel
- University at Buffalo, Kathleen Murphy
- University Pediatrics Dentistry, Roseann McAnulty
Thank You To Our Sponsors
- BOND, SCHOENECK AND KING PLLC
- BUFFALO CITY MISSION
- BUFFALO & ERIE COUNTY LIBRARY
- EVERGREEN HEALTH
- HURWITZ & FINE, PC
- UNIVERSITY PEDIATRIC DENTISTRY